There are a lot of small local bars in Arusha where you can a drink local beer, listen to a local music, meet and chat with locals or watch a football.
Biggest party days in Tanzania are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Locals prefer to party on Sundays. There are also many events going on during the weekdays.
Besides that there are also many clubs in Arusha where they are playing pop music and local pop music. With some of the local songs they have their own dances.
So don’t be surprised if everybody around you are suddenly starting to dance the same way. In more local places you can also find some hookers.
Arusha Night Life
The night will begin with pickup from Arusha town and this tour will take you to experience the authentic nightlife of Arusha, tailored to your preference. Options include local bars with craft beers and the best cocktails; playing pool at a local bar; singing your favorite songs in karaoke; enjoying hookah; the best nightclubs where you can dance to local music by live bands. At the end of the night, safe transport will be provided back to your preferred drop off location.
This activity includes:
- Picking up and Transportation (TAXI)
- Playing pool table (The CUBE Pub)
- Smoking hookah (Belly Of The Beast, Zeze Lounge)
- Visit cocktails bars (Belly Of The Beast, Zeze Lounge)
- Live show from local bands (Cocorico Club, Via Via Arusha)
- Karaoke ( Cocorico club, ViaVia Arusha )
- Going to Nightclubs (Viavia,Lepatio,Cocorico)
- Driving back to Hotel,Hostel (TAXI)
- beer (Twiga Brew)
Pickup at your place of preference in Arusha town
About Arusha City
Arusha city lies in a green, fertile environment against Mount Meru. It is a large and vast city with all its contradictions.
Just outside the city is the Arusha National Park, a gem for a day safari.
Where to stay in Arusha
Situated at the foot of the beautiful Mount Meru, Arusha is known as the safari capital of Tanzania’s Northern Safari Circuit. It’s a bustling city filled with an interesting mix of markets, chaotic traffic, old colonial buildings and modern conveniences, like coffee shops with WiFi, and an array of great restaurants.
- #1: Climbing mount Meru.
- #2: Book a northern circuit Tanzania safari tour.
- #3: Visit the Arusha National Park.
- #4: Nature walk at Lake Duluti.
- #5: Go to Meserani Snake Park.
- #6: Canoeing on Lake Momella.
- #7: Pay a visit to the national natural history museum Arusha.
- #8: Visit the maasai tribe.
YES, but not alone, As most incidents happen in big cities everywhere around the world, we do not recommend to walk alone in the city after dark (7pm). This rule applies throughout Africa and not just Tanzania. Use safe transport like taxis or ask your hotel or guide to arrange the transfer.
Arusha has a higher quality of life than some of the other areas of Tanzania. As an ex-pat, you can easily get an affordable home with most of the same amenities you have in your home country. The country does have random power and water outages though.
Arusha National Park is the closest park to the town with the similar name. It is a popular destination for day trip visitors who are about to embark from the town of Arusha on longer northern circuit safaris.